Built from the DuPon®t type 66-728 twisted-knotted nylon netting, and in a 3/4" mesh size for direct golf ball impacts, these custom nets can be fabricated from a general-use #15 (1.7mm, 144 lb.twine) thickness, or the heavier/thicker #21 (2.0mm, 241 lb./twine). For either option, it's generally recommended for most all users to utilize a secondary layer of end-panel netting in order to accommodate for the disproportionate amount of abrasion that the shots will incur on the back-end. This secondary impact net is generally made from the #21 X 3/4" knotted nylon.
Aside from specific dimensions, there are often other additional fabrication features that a lot of the custom nets have incorporated within their design. The following example is a recently produced custom golf cage net, which has the following materials and characteristics:
- #21 X 3/4" knotted nylon enclosure netting
- #21 X 3/4" secondary impact net
- 5/16" rope borders top/corners
- weighted leadline bottom edge
- rings installed on the top perimeter
- custom dimensions (height X width X length)