The solution for their needs was a series of netting panels built from the #21 X 1-3/4" DuPont® Twisted-Knotted Nylon Netting that were each constructed in a square mesh pattern, and bordered with 5/16" Dacron® Rope Borders. The first part of the job required a couple of 13'-7" X 88' netting panels, and then shortly followed by 8 more netting panels that featured dimensions that were all around 24' X 44'. The second round of netting also included some interior rope riblines that were fairly specifically located in order to exactly match the steel wires/cables that were already in-place at the gym (which were the connection/installation points for the netting panels). You can view the details for the building sizes/locations for the second round of netting by viewing the images below.
For indoor barrier applications like this one, the #21 X 1-3/4" square mesh knotted nylon netting is an optimal selection because:
- #21 X 1-3/4" knotted nylon is extremely strong, but also a lightweight material
- allows for a highly dependable usage/durability without adding stress on the installation supports
- allows for light to pass-through to keep the area functionally illuminated
- square mesh pattern is extremely user-friendly due to the 90º mesh configuration
- 1-3/4" mesh size blocks objects of a 2"+ diameter, making is it very versatile for many sports/athletic applications