1: The Problem
"This system is installed at a Golf course in NJ. The missing spaces are where golf balls have broken the PV Panels. This building is located down the fairway from the 9th Tee and is wreaking havoc on my panels. Most of the balls drop from a high angle and I believe that placing a horizontal net over the entire roof area will be my only form of real protection."
2: The Proposed Netting Solution
- #12 X 1" DuPont® Type 66-728 Tarred Twisted-Knotted Nylon Netting, with 5/16" Braided Dacron® Rope Bordering (sewn-in)
- Required dimensions: 25' X 55' for the protective area
- 1" mesh size is the preferred configuration for golf ball barrier applications
- The #12 twine thickness (1.7mm) is lightweight yet very strong (116 lb./twine) so will minimize the physical weight of the overall netting panel, and allows for the maximum amount of sunlight to pass through the mesh to the panels below
- The 1" mesh features an additional tar-coating that significantly enhances UV resistance, and also has a 7 year prorated UV warranty included
- DuPont® 66-728 Twisted-Knotted Nylon is the highest quality and most dependable netting selection for barrier and protective installations, and can be manufactured to have as little 'sag' as possible
- Dacron® rope borders sewn-in provide extraordinary strength to attach the netting panel to the installation structure
3: The Installation Preparation
"Below is a preliminary picture of the building with the poles pre-mounted. The front poles will get cut down once we find a good height for the netting. Every time we lose a panel from a golf ball it is an instant $600.00 loss plus replacement labor and also production of the system begins to diminish. There are actually 2 smashed panels in this photo. We are up to approx $8,000.00 in damages. This net should do the trick."
4: The Result and Followup
"We have completed the Install and it worked even better than expected. If you are able to view the video(attached) you can see that the golf balls roll right off the netting and back in to play for the golfers and also protects our investment. I can’t say enough good things about the product and service you offered."